Friday, September 03, 2010

Seven Weeks and Counting...from the couch

I MUST begin this post by saying that I feel so badly about leaving the blogging world behind for a while. It had to be done as things were so beyond busy for me but lately as exciting things are happening I've thought a lot about starting up again. I miss my "blog friends" whose pages I read on a regular basis and I miss thinking through my day in blog posts. I can, in large part, blame Facebook for my haitus too. FB is a quick fix on social networking that held me over for a while until I could return here.


Incase anyone is wondering (or even reading this - ha ha) I have suddenly found myself with a lot of time on my hands. I am 33 weeks along in my third pregnancy and officially on bed rest as of yesterday afternoon. I'm 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated with continuous contractions. I guess they are still called early contractions but it's considered pre-term labor because they are causing changes to my cervix. I got a shot of that lovely terbutaline yesterday which stopped things for a while and now I'm relegated to the couch, chair, bed or any other "resting" position. I've been ordered to forego lifting, cleaning, walking much, laundry, etc. I can drive when I need to, I can shower, go up the stairs a few times a day, and basically be up for short periods of time. Sitting is fine and laying is probably better.


Another post and I'll share how I got here spiritually and I will fill you in on the massive amounts of answered prayer I've had this summer. For now, all this sitting around has me tired and ready for bed. Funny how that works. :)


Here are a few pictures of my first day on bed rest...how could I be sad about spending weeks on end with these characters and no distractions???? I love it and I'm realistic about the frustrations that are to come but I'm so thankful to be home with them and not in a hospital alone.

Oh and yes that IS a "scrunchy" in my hair (does anyone even own these anymore??), no I do not have a stitch of make-up on and yes, I'm putting it on the blog. :)





2 comments:

Seagers said...

Jen, burn the scrunchie. Serious. Love you friend! Glad you are back to blogging. Ben is downstairs doing P90X and of course I am just reading away, looking at fabric I'd love to buy, and resting up for my first big day tomorrow!

Mark and His Girls said...

First of all....congratulations on your pregnancy!!! Second, your 3 year old has a birthday coming up??? We'd LOVE to swing on down there someday (perhaps bring you a meal seeing how you're confined to the couch?) It would be fun to watch our girls play with each other. :) I pray your attitude remains positive through this life-changing journey you're on.
Love, Allison :)