Thursday, October 02, 2008

Brief Update

I don't remember if I posted it or not but I found out that our 10/31 surgery date has already been given away. :( I wish they would've talked to me before cancelling it. She offered the 30th but can't promise that date even if we are approved. :(

I've promised myself that I will pray every single time the phone rings or I make a call regarding this insurance issue. Today I was in the middle of praying for wisdom and for me to honestly only want God's will for this the phone rang. It was our case manager. After talking to her and receiving the official denial letter today I'm convinced this is a case of new people coming in and not being thorough in their decision making. The denial letter says that we are authorized to meet with a doctor here in OC for a consultation - we've already met with him and have a consult on file. They apparently didn't see those notes either. Ugg. Also, the new case manager wasn't aware of ANY of the history with the current doctors. I went through it all with her, pleading my case and she is going to talk to the past director who originally approved us going out of network. I've yet to talk to either director. I only have access to the case manager who presents the cases to the directors and acts as a patient liaison.

The current medical director (who denied it) is a local pediatrician who many of my friends take their kids to. Weird thought that my friends know her yet she has no idea who we are, knows nothing of our case yet is able to make a decision that is not in Jordan's best interest. As Philippians states, "My brothers, whatever is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy meditate on these things." I am assuming the best that she does care about the children she is making decisions for but she is also trying to keep costs down and stick to the rules. I don't blame her but I do find it strange that I could run into her at the grocery store and she wouldn't know who I am but her decisions so greatly affect my family.

I'm heading up to Murietta this weekend with my church for our annual women's retreat so I won't be online but if anything changes tomorrow I'll post. I'm planning on calling our case manager back tomorrow afternoon if I don't hear from her. Please pray.

2 comments:

RebeccaMillsap said...

Thank you Jen for updating your blog. I'm praying!!!

Chiara said...

Thank you for taking the time to update us, Jen. I've been praying all throughout the day and will continue to do so.